Official School Colors: Royal Blue and Grey
The first Byrnes yearbook, The Quill, had 133 pages as compared to the 2007 Souvenirs of 360 pages.
The new Byrnes Media Center was opened in 1979.
Edwin S. Lake was the first principal of Byrnes High School in 1955.
The Schofield Gymnasium hosted its first basketball game in 1999.
The Byrnes mascot, "The Rebels," came from James F. Byrnes who was considered a Rebel in the political arena.
Air-conditioning was added to Byrnes in 1979.
James F. Byrnes High School was totally integrated in the 1969-70 school year. Prior to that, African-American students attended Florence Chapel High School.Official