4:30 PM - 5:30 PM Basketball Game vs. Boiling Springs
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM Basketball Game vs. FCMS
February 6, 2020
February 10, 2020
February 12, 2020
February 13, 2020
February 15, 2020
March for Babies Superbowl LIV CampaignDONATION JAR IN THE CAFETERIA.
- Please donate money for your favorite football team all week
- The 49ers or The Chiefs
- All Out Purple Day (Dress in all purple)
- Twins and Triplets Day (Dress like a friend)
- Wacky Tacky Day (Wear bright colors or crazy socks)
- D. R. Hill Day (Wear your DRH gear or colors)
- Super Bowl Day (Wear the colors of your favorite NFL team)
- Hat Day (Pay $1 for a sticker to wear a hat)
Middle School Wrestling State Championship
Congratulations to Chris Foster, 8th grade student here at D.R. Hill Middle for qualifying for the middle school wrestling state championship!
Pictured on the back row, second to the left.
South Carolina All-State Orchestra
Please join us in congratulating Saylor Symborski, and 8th grade student here at D.R. Hill, for making the 1st Violin section in the 2020 SCMEA South Carolina All-State Orchestra. Saylor made first chair in the SC Region One Orchestra Orchestra this fall and then auditioned for All-State earlier this month. We are so proud of Saylor's hard work!
Unofficial Region Band Results
We recently had a number of students who auditioned for our region band. These students competed against the best students from Cherokee, Laurens, Newberry, Spartanburg, Union, and York county for an opportunity to be placed in our region honor band.Please help me congratulate the following students for earning a spot in our region honor band:Makayla Downs (Oboe)Nikkos Pantelis (Oboe)Karly Hough (Bassoon)Amelia Mallory (Contrasbass Clarinet)Max Bolds (Saxophone)J.J. Rogers (Tenor Saxophone)Jacquori Peters (Baritone Saxophone)Nic Degler (Trumpet)Kennan Foster (Trumpet)Juan Martinez (Trumpet)Andrew Balanyuk (Trumpet)Grace Bohmer (Horn)Henriette Brenner (Horn)Colin Linaman (Horn)Jack McCravy (Trombone)John Kinard (Tuba)Also, please wish the following students good luck as they scored high enough to compete for an All-State position:Makayla Downs (Oboe) 3rdKarly Hough (Bassoon) 2ndAmelia Mallory (Contrasbass Clarinet) 1stMax Bolds (Saxophone) 2ndJ.J. Rogers (Tenor Saxophone) 1stJacquori Peters (Baritone Saxophone) 1stNic Degler (Trumpet) 3rdGrace Bohmer (Horn) 4thJack McCravy (Trombone) 3rdWe are super proud of everyone who auditioned! These kids always go above and beyond.
Wednesday, January 22nd Col Dobson and the JROTC cadets will be presenting to all 8th graders in the gym during 1st period.
- Girls lacrosse is now practicing. If interested, email Mr. Bill Teal for the dates.
- Open season baseball practice will start on Monday, Dec. 16th from 3:45-6pm at the Byrnes Baseball field. All necessary baseball equipment is encouraged (hat, glove, bat, cleats, baseball pants).
- Boys soccer tryouts will start on January 7th at 4pm at Beech Springs.
- The boys lacrosse workouts are held daily from 3:45pm-5:45pm at the Byrnes high school.
- Girls soccer workouts will be held at Beech Springs from 4:30-6:30pm this week 12/16
- Open season practice for all middle school girls (both new and returning wanting to tryout for softball: December 18th, January 8th, January 15th and January 22nd at Beech Springs Intermediate from 3:45-5:30pm. Students may ride the activity bus to Beech Springs. Softball weight lifting is after school on Tuesdays/Thursdays this week 12/16 and will resume after the holiday break on Tuesdays/Thursdays starting January 14th - February 3rd. Tryouts will be February 3rd and 4th from 3:30-6pm.
- You must have a sports physical on file to participate.
- If you'd like to ride the athletic bus to practice or workouts, you must have your student ID.
FCS Christmas Fundraiser
Thank you for ALL your support with FCS CFA Biscuits and our faculty soup sale. BECAUSE OF YOU, at least 11 children will have Christmas! We are blessed and have blessed others....keep it going! Thank you Thomas Cotter for the drum roll and Shannon Scott for allowing your room to be used every Friday (and for your pep talk with the kids this morning)!
Congratulations to our 2019-2020 Junior Scholars!
These 16 individuals were selected based upon their performance in either the Critical Based Reading and/or the Math sections of the exam. They will be recognized at a ceremony to take place at Converse College at a later date.Evan BeasleyGrace BohmerCaroline CashCorbin GilbertLilian HolifieldAlayia JenkinsKellen JonesJohn KinardJack McCravyTimmerian MillerNikkos PantelisJocelyn Perez-UgarteLiliana PrattPayne SheriffSaylor SymborskiJesse Tice
Wrestling Tournament Results
The Byrnes wrestling team competed in three tournaments December 6-7th.Congratulations to Semias Chambers & Zaylin Anderson - 8th grade students, for winning the championship in their respective weight class at the Laurens Raiders Tournament!For complete results, visit: