Highly Qualified Faculty
Please note that all teachers paid with Title I funds at Wellford Elementary School hired on or after July 1, 2002, meet the highly qualified requirements. Also, instructional assistants paid with Title I funds at our school who were hired after January 8, 2002, have:
1) completed two years of study at an institution of higher education
2) obtained an associate's (or higher) degree; OR
3) met a rigorous standard of quality on a local formal academic assessment
Lastly, instructional assistants paid with Title I funds hold a secondary school diploma or its equivalent.
Comments and suggestions made by parents are important to the planning, design and implementation of the Title I school-wide programs.
A.) Comments and suggestions made by parents will be forwarded to the administration.
B.) Responses may be given:
*Verbally (in person, in a meeting, or by telephone)
*By note or letter
*In a newsletterTitle One Funds
For the 2019/2020 school year, our title one funds are used for the following:
- To supply a full-time parent educator
- To supply an RTI Interventionist in addition to a full time Reading Interventionist
- To supply a full-time math interventionist
- To provide lower class sizes in kindergarten, third,and fourth grade by adding certified teachers in each of those grades
- To supply materials for teachers and students
- To supply professional books and workshops for teachers
- To Provide A full Day 4K program
- To Provide a Continuous Improvement Coach
- To Provide staff development in Continuous Improvement