Dear Reidville Rocket Students and Parents,
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Reidville Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both school and home. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college and/or begin a career.
Please consider joining our PTO as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. Our volunteers help us with many activities such as:
1). Reading with children who may need extra help
2). Copying and preparing instructional materials for classroom teachers
3). Coordinating school-wide events
4). Disseminating awards for student recognition events
5). Participating in fundraisers
6). Recruiting parent and community volunteers
Please reference our parent/student handbook that outlines our policies and procedures, coupled with our school calendar of events. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Our dynamic faculty, staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you!Reaching for the Stars,
Dr. Kim Deering, Principal
“Every Child, Every Day!"