Mission, Vision, Beliefs, and Values
Duncan Elementary School of the Arts is to provide every student quality educational experiences in a safe, nurturing, and engaging environment.
Duncan Elementary School of the Arts will provide exemplary opportunities and pursue academic excellence to improve the quality of life for our students and community.
Duncan Elementary is clearly focused on helping children in their personal and academic development by equipping them with the necessary tools to develop world class knowledge and skills, and life and career characteristics to succeed in a competitive global marketplace.
We believe that…
- Children are our most valuable resource.
- Public education is essential for our society.
- Integrity is the basis of good character.
- Excellence is achievable.
- Mutual respect is an expectation.
- Knowledge empowers.
- Diversity strengthens.
- Family is the foundation of society.
- Children need positive role models.
- Attitude makes a difference.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Personal responsibility serves the common good.
- Perseverance, work ethic, and interpersonal skills pave pathways to success.
- Creativity and innovation are valued.
- Stewardship of resources maintains trust.