We're building a brighter future for students and staff, thanks to the support of District Five voters! On November 2, 2021, more than 84% of voters said "yes" to an historic $295 million bond referendum for Spartanburg District Five Schools. The referendum includes multiple projects that are all a result of a major Facilities and Demographics study that began in the Fall of 2019, and ended with an updated demographics study in 2021. For more about the history of the referendum, click here.
Voters' overwhelming approval of the referendum will allow District Five to accommodate rapid growth in our student enrollment, while planning for future needs.
The referendum projects include:
- Construction of 1 brand new elementary school
- Construction of 1 brand new middle school
- Conversion of Beech Springs Intermediate School into a middle school campus, housing 6th-8th grade
- Conversion of Berry Shoals Intermediate School into an elementary school campus, housing K-5th grade
- Construction of a new Wellford Academy, replacing the district's oldest elementary school with a new building on the same campus
- Addition to Reidville Elementary School, adding extra capacity to the campus for increase in student population
- Renovation and completion of several new additions to Byrnes High School
Click on the links below to see an overview of each project.
Abner Creek Middle School
Beech Springs Project
Berry Shoals Project
Byrnes High School
Tyger River Elementary School
Reidville Elementary Addition