The purpose of the student council is to give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects.
Guidelines for Student Council:
We are looking for one outstanding student from each Homeroom to make up the 2019-2020 D. R. Hill Middle School Student Council. These students should exhibit positive leadership abilities, a good attitude, and a strong work ethic. High standards have been set for students who seek to be elected by their peers to serve on the student council. Students elected to student council will have an opportunity to participate in fundraising activities and serve their school and community by volunteering. In order to become a candidate for student council, you must fully understand and be able to meet the following requirements:
Character and citizenship:
- Each member must be willing to give a great deal of time and hard work to the service projects decided on by student council. This may require time outside of the school day.
- As mentioned before, each member must exhibit positive leadership, high moral character, good citizenship, and cooperation with their classmates and teachers. You must also keep in mind that you represent DRH outside of school, so these standards must be maintained in the community as well.
- You must not have excessive referrals during the previous or current school year.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- Teacher recommendations will also be considered.
- Standards must be maintained throughout the year if you are elected to Student Council.