Social Media Comment Guidelines
Spartanburg District Five Schools maintains numerous social media pages as a way of engaging with our students, staff, parents and community. The district welcomes comments as a means of engaging in conversation.
To ensure that our social media pages are focused on district accomplishments, initiatives, emergency information, and other resources that are pertinent to students and families, we ask that our users adhere to the following comment/posting guidelines.
- All social media accounts and comments/posts are reviewed by the Spartanburg District Five Public Relations Department
- To ensure conversations remain informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints, and lawful, comments including the following are not permitted:
- OFF TOPIC- Comments not related to the original subject of page entries will be removed or hidden
- SPAM- Comments focused on selling a product or service will not be posted
- PERSONAL ATTACKS – If a reader disagrees with a post, the district encourages direct contact to the Department of Public Relations. Community members are asked to refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
- ILLEGAL- Laws governing use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc will be followed
- LANGUAGE- The District reserves the right to delete posts containing profanity, discriminatory language, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit content. This includes specific names of teachers, students, and other District Five employees and patrons.
- LINKS- Links to outside websites will not be permitted for any purpose.