In MackinVIA, you will find all of the digital content available to you in our library!
Access MackinVIA through Clever Link/Launch Pad
- ebooks (700+) lots of popular fiction titles like The Hate U Give as well as classics!
- audiobooks (60+)
- links to reliable websites for research and information
- links to our databases: DISCUS, Science in Context, Issues & Controversies, and much more
- we have ebook/audiobook versions of required reading in English classes, such as To Kill a Mockingbird (also in Spanish!), Shakespeare plays, Frankenstein, etc.
- Here's a link to a helpful overview video.
Access MackinVIA through the free app!
- log in @ d5live.net using your school gmail information
- find the MackinVIA app and open
- the program Clever uses your school gmail information to log you in to your Mackin account!
- download the free app
- for school, start typing in James F Byrnes High School (it should pop up for you to click on)
- log in using your school gmail information
- check out ebooks and audiobooks just like print books in the library for 4 weeks
- can renew twice
- no fines! books disappear from your account on the due date
- can use the request feature to put books on hold if they are already checked out
- some ebooks are multi-user, meaning more than one person can have the same ebook checked out at the same time
- articles found in our databases can be saved right in your Google Drive with one click!
- take notes in the ebooks, which are saved in your Mackin account, then save your notes into your Google Drive with one click!
- highlight/take notes in articles, then save to Google Drive- it saves your highlights and notes!
- you can download ebooks/audiobooks to read offline! Here's a link to the help page if you need assistance.