Tips for a Successful Freshman Year
1. Get organized.
2. Eliminate morning madness. The night before . . .
- Book Bag
- Note book
3. Practice healthy homework habits.
- Gather books, homework, PE clothes, instrument, etc.
- Lay out clothes for the next day
- Pack lunch/snack (if applicable)
- Set alarm
5. Get along with teachers.
- Make new friends
- Know friendships may change.
- Avoid cliques.
- Recognize what needs to be "let go."
- Report bullies and bullying.
6. Stay healthy.
- Use manners.
- Remember each teacher is different.
7. Learn how to learn
- Eat right
- De-stress: Balance schoolwork, activities, family, friends, and free time.
- Participate in class.
- Take plenty of notes and organize them.
- Review handouts/notes each day.
- Complete homework.
- Study for tests. (Begin as much in advance as possible.)
- If needed, attend extra help sessions before or after school.