In response to South Carolina’s low graduation rate, the Education and Economic Development Act (EEDA) was passed in 2005 by the state legislature to ensure that our students were better prepared to compete in an ever-changing global economy.
Your child began the process of planning for the future several years ago. This year your child will continue the planning process through Career Awareness and Exploration activities directed by the D. R. Hill Guidance Department.
The following is a list of activities he/she may be involved with this year, depending on the grade level:
- Computer assisted Career Assessments (SCOIS)
- Holland Assessments
- Informal Career Assessments
- Job shadowing (Job Shadow Day)
- Career Fair in the spring
- College field trip
- IGP (Individual Graduation Plan) conferences
- Classroom Career/Guidance activities
- Career/Guidance special programs and assemblies
This will be an exciting year for your child a D. R. Hill Middle School! It is also an important year as he/she gets closer to the crucial high school years leading to graduation.