Goals of ESOL
- Identify and assess all students whose native language is other than English.
- Provide instruction to all students who do not score Fully English Proficient on ACCESS (annual state assessment for ELL's.)
- Assess and monitor the academic progress of the Limited English Proficient (LEP) students
- Develop the skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Support the curriculum and instruction of the regular classroom as appropriate to the developmental stage of the student.
- Communicate academic expectations and other information to parents and encourage them to support their children's progress
- Encourage parents of ESOL students to be actively involved in the education of their child
- To encourage ESOL students to be actively involved in extra--curricular activities at the school- To provide staff development in appropriate instructional and assessment strategies