What do school counselors do?
• Facilitate Classroom Guidance lessons
• Facilitate Small Group Counseling
• Provide Individual Counseling
• Conflict Resolution/Mediation
• Crisis Intervention and Support
• Consultation with Parents and Teachers.
• Work with individuals and groups
• Help identify needs of students
• Encourage better interpersonal relationships
• Promote positive attitudes and choices
• Aid teachers and parents in helping students
• Assist people in making use of community resources
• Coordinate efforts with other school programs
• Coordinate referrals to outside agencies
• Maintain confidentiality